Open Position: COMMUNITY PLANNER and/or DESIGNER with 2-5 years of experience
Atlanta-based TSW (www.tsw-design.com), an award-winning planning, architecture, and landscape architecture firm located in Midtown Atlanta, has an opening in our Planning Studio.
We are seeking a COMMUNITY PLANNER and/or DESIGNER to work on a range of policy and design projects in a variety of contexts ranging from urban to rural. The candidate must have at least two years and ideally not more than five years of relevant experience in planning or related fields. Responsibilities will include preparing downtown, corridor, comprehensive, and small area studies, conducting public outreach, land planning, assisting with codes and ordinances, producing graphics, and supporting college master planning. TSW is committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace.
We hope/expect that the selected candidate will:
- Have knowledge of and passion for community planning, which may include a degree, on-going studies, employment or volunteer experience, or demonstrated interest;
- Enjoy an innovative work environment;
- Have a passion for engaging with the public and be able to effectively communicate;
- Have graphic layout and graphic design experience;
- Write clearly and concisely;
- Possess strong critical thinking skills.
All applicants should have intermediate knowledge of software including: Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint. Additionally, ARC GIS skills, SketchUp, and AutoCAD, are desirable, but not required.
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please visit our website www.tsw-design.com and go to Opportunities under How To Connect menu and click Join The Team to upload a resume, graphic samples, and writing sample.
Materials must be received before 5:00 PM on Friday, March 26th, 2021, to be considered.