Atlanta-based TSW (www.tsw-design.com), an award-winning planning, architecture, and landscape architecture firm located in Midtown Atlanta, has an opening in our Planning Studio.
We are seeking an entry-level/junior URBAN DESIGNER to work on a range of design projects with a focus on New Urbanism and walkable, creative infill development. The candidate must have an undergraduate degree in Urban Design, Landscape Architecture, Architecture, or a related field; at least two years of relevant experience and/or a master’s degree is ideal. Responsibilities will include preparing base maps, producing preliminary designs, assisting senior designers, developing design guidelines, participating in workshops, preparing a variety of 3D visualizations, and project management support.
We hope/expect that the selected candidate will:
- Have demonstrated experience in land planning and site design
- Communicate ideas and land planning concepts through hand-drawing and sketching
- Be excited to work on New Urbanist and infill projects
- Have strong skills in producing 3D graphics in SketchUp, Lumion, and Photoshop
- Be comfortable working in CAD and familiarity with GIS
- Demonstrate graphic layout and graphic design experience, particularly in development of maps and planning documents;
- Show initiative and have a proactive approach to work
- Enjoy an innovative, creative work environment
- Be available to travel throughout the Southeast and attend evening meetings occasionally
Because TSW has a collaborative studio environment, the designer filling this position must be able to work in-person at our Atlanta office. However, we value flexibility and our current policy is that our team members are expected to work at the office at least 3 days/week, with the option to work remotely 2 days/week if tasks can be done independently.
If you are interested in being part of our award-winning practice, please visit our website www.tsw-design.com and go to Opportunities under How To Connect menu and click Join The Team to upload a cover letter, resume, and design portfolio. Applications without a design portfolio will not be evaluated.