Atlanta-based TSW (www.tsw-design.com), an award-winning planning, architecture, and landscape architecture firm located in Midtown Atlanta, has an internship opening in our Planning Studio.
We are seeking an URBAN DESIGN INTERN to work full-time this summer on a range of policy and urban design projects in a variety of contexts ranging from urban to rural. Responsibilities will include supporting community planning and urban design projects; collaborating with teams of planners, landscape architects, architects and other technical professionals; assisting with the preparation downtown, corridor, comprehensive, and small area studies; conducting public outreach; and producing maps and support graphics. A love of New Urbanism is a strong plus!
The summer intern will work in support of the urban design and community practices by:
- Providing hand sketch and computer aided design graphics
- Producing maps and conducting analysis in GIS
- Conducting research to assist in preparing reports and presentation material
- Assisting the team at public workshops and meetings
- Demonstration of some experience in urban design, urban planning or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven knowledge and/or experience with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), GIS, 2D-CAD, 3D rendering capabilities
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Detailed oriented with emphasis on quality work product
The selected candidate must have the ability to work in-person at the TSW Atlanta office and attend meetings in a variety of locations in the region, including evening meetings.
If you are interested, please visit our website www.tsw-design.com and go to Opportunities under How To Connect menu and click Join The Team to upload a cover letter, resume, and a design portfolio/graphic sample. All three of these items are required. Materials must be received before 5:00 PM on Friday, March 25th, 2023, to be considered.
Open Position at TSW: Urban Design Intern