TSW was retained by the City of Duluth to develop their Downtown Master Plan. The purpose of the Master Plan is to establish a vision for the future of downtown Duluth as a true hometown and a regional magnet for commerce, and to detail an implementation strategy of the processes and next steps to fulfill that vision. Key elements of the Master Plan include:
- Master Land Use Plan documenting the highest and best uses prescribed for each land parcel targeted for redevelopment.
- Phasing of the full build-out of downtown assets with a detailed timeline of activities.
- Projected costs of city infrastructure and other supports that are needed to incentivize projects, along with potential the sources of funding.
- Detail of project improvements and enhancements needed in the public realm, from stormwater and utility upgrades to streets, sidewalks and bike paths, parking, and greenspace.
- Changes needed to regulatory code and ordinance to support the mix of uses and authenticity of the downtown environment.
- Examination of the trade area data that assures there is adequate market demand to support new development.