TSW was retained to provide master planning services for a 4500-acre resort/second home community on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica. Market research targeted a growing demand for retiree housing in tandem with strong beach and golf resort components. Our plan identified six distinctly different “districts”, each appealing to a specific buyer profile.
- The Resort, with its traditional Village Center, is the primary activity hub.
- The Hacienda, an active adult community focused on the property’s extraordinary environmental diversity.
The Coastal Village, an exclusive gated residential enclave.
- The Ranch, an equestrian-centered agricultural subdivision.
- The Pueblo, modeled on a traditional Costa Rican town to appeal to the local market.
- The Preserve, an environmentally-sensitive river valley set aside in conjunction with “The Pinilla Institute” for conservation and education purposes.