Client: City of Powder Springs
Location: Powder Springs, Georgia
Status: Completed in 2016
- LCI update to build on the 2002 study focusing on Downtown and Town Square areas
- Extensive community engagement process that included a variety of outreach techniques
TSW was retained to lead a multidisciplinary team to update the City of Powder Springs Town Center Planning LCI Study from 2002. The update focused on a community engagement process to craft a vision for revitalization for the downtown area by:
- Leveraging the city’s unique history
- Attracting appropriate development
- Exploring walking, biking, and traffic improvements
The extensive community engagement process included public meetings, visioning workshop, online survey, visual preference survey, stakeholder interviews, core team meetings, and information booth at the Pink Ribbon 5K.
The framework plan that was developed included recommendations for on-street bike facilities to connect to the Silver Comet Trail, compact residential development along Lewis Road, infill development in the Downtown and Town Square areas, and enhanced streetscapes to improve mobility and sense of place. Overall, the plan calls for 258 new residential units and 30,500 square feet of new commercial space.