Tom Walsh has over 38 years of experience as a landscape architect, urban planner, and college planner. Tom co-directs the New Urbanism Studio. Tom has led some of the most transformative projects in the Atlanta metropolitan area, serving as the principal-in-charge of Glenwood Park, Vickery, Downtown Woodstock, and many other notable local projects. Before coming to TSW, he also worked on Harbor Town and South Bluffs in Memphis, Tennessee, two early recognized New Urbanist projects in the U.S.
Tom also was lead designer on the Kayak and Canoe Venue for the 1996 Olympics and more recently Nathan Benderson Park in Sarasota, Florida, the first recognized flatwater rowing venue by FISA (international rowing federation). Tom completed the first truly implemented Master Plan for Piedmont Park and subsequent projects such as Clara Meer and the North Woods.
Finally, Tom has been involved in over 50 College and University master plans throughout the southeast and along the east coast.
- Registered Landscape Architect: TN, TX
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture, Louisiana State University, 1975
- Bachelor of Urban Geography, Southeastern Louisiana State University, 1972
- American Society of Landscape Architects
- Congress for the New Urbanism
- Society of College and University Planners