The Carpenter’s Riverfront Park Master Plan, developed by TSW Landscape Architecture Studio, is a comprehensive plan for a City-owned park located at the intersection of Broad Street and Munson Highway. The park is situated in close proximity to the City’s Marina and is located within a recently established Community Redevelopment Area. TSW was responsible for various aspects of the plan’s development, including the creation of a Park-wide Existing Conditions Plan, an Existing Uses Plan, and a Facilities Assessment Report. They also led public participation efforts, developed the Master Plan for Uses and Facilities, and developed Cost Estimates for the park.
The main site amenities included in the Master Plan for Carpenter’s Riverfront Park are:
- A playground for children of all ages and abilities.
- A splash park, perfect for hot summer days and providing a fun way for children to cool off.
- A grand park lawn, suitable for a variety of activities such as picnics, games, and events.
- A natural play area, that offers children a chance to explore and play in a natural environment
- Boat ramp areas for easy access to the water for boating and fishing enthusiasts.
- Parking areas to accommodate the visitors.
- Boardwalks, which allows visitors to enjoy the natural beauty of the park while providing easy access to the water.
- Picnic pavilions, perfect for family gatherings and outdoor events.
- Restrooms, which provide visitors with necessary facilities.
- A network of trails, which are suitable for walking, running, and biking.
- Multiple points of water access, providing visitors with various opportunities for water activities such as swimming, fishing, and boating.
- Gateway signage, that provides visitors with clear and easy to read information about the park’s features, location and layout.
All these features make Carpenter’s Riverfront Park an ideal destination for families and outdoor enthusiasts alike. The park is designed to provide a wide range of amenities for visitors of all ages and abilities, and to promote community cohesion and social interaction. With easy access to the water, various recreational opportunities, and ample seating areas, the park is sure to become a popular destination for residents and visitors alike.